Build On Building Bright Futures

Back to Article
Back to Article

Build On Building Bright Futures

Juarez students pose for a group picture at Working Bikes. Students go every Monday to Work on building bikes at this not-for-profit bike shop which fixes up old cycles for sale or to be donated to global communities.

Charles Parker, Staff Reporter

Build On is program is for ninth through twelve graders who interested in helping the community and doing fun activities. Everyone in the Build On program meets at Juarez and goes to different places like Dvorak Park to help people in the community and have fun while doing it. These meetings usually take place in the lower patio after school , or sometimes through class projects. Build on does these things to bring people together, make change, help people, and give teens something to do to fulfill the graduation requirements of service hours.

Build prepares for things in life, it’s teaching how to communicate with people, show care towards people and be a good person. Build On is a program that works on your character. Build On helps you be more aware of what you do as a person, everyone is there to help you learn and grow while you help others do the same.