• January 17its january

The student news site of Benito Juarez Community Academy

Eagle Eye News

Top 6 Books To Read This Fall

Andrea Ortiz

enhanced-20693-1395338471-9

Fall time may almost be over, but there is still time to read and cozy up with a book.

The number one on the list would be The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, by Leslye Walton. This is a book for those who love magic. The story is about a girl who is born with bird wings, and tries to understand herself, and the world around you.

Number two is The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams. It is about a group of teenagers who discover that the place they feel the safest, is their own jail. This a dystopian book lovers for those that are awaiting the apocalypse.

Do you love Gatsby? Well, this next book Great by Sara Benincasa, is a modern take on the classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

We all know Amelia Earhart and how she was the first woman to fly. In The Chance You Won’t Return, by Annie Cardi. Alex Winchester’s mom believe’s she is Amelia Earhart, and prepares for the final flight.

Have you ever wished you could write to Kurt Cobain, how about John Lennon? Ava Dellaira’s book Love Letters to the Dead, Laurel writes to music icon’s that have died in order to give peace to her grieving lost soul.

Finally, the last book The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy, by Kate Hettemer is about two boys who take on their schools broadcast show, a gerbil, and Ezra Pound. Not to forget that the gerbil is a heroic gerbil.  For more great books click here. Enjoy!

The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy by Kate Hattemer